Since our news item in November, the HSE have published draft Regulations and the CITB draft guidance for all those affected by the Regulations. The key major changes include;
• ALL construction projects will require Health and Safety Plans (to be produced by the contractor).
• ALL clients will have duties – so even domestic clients will fall under the Regulations, although their duties will usually be picked up by the contractor, they do have an option for seeking assistance from Principal Designers instead.
• The new role of Principal Designer will take over the CDM-C role and additional co-ordination of the design process.
• RTP Surveyors, as Chartered Building Surveyors specialising in the design and management of projects, will be taking on the role of Principal Designer.
• With our experience in Health and Safety, RTP can advise you on the detail of your roles as client, designer or contractor.
Please contact Sue Wilton to talk about any queries you have, or if your company wants to hold an in-house seminar, Sue can provide this too.
Call Sue on 01208 892020, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org